Thursday 14 July 2016

WOOD SALE - SATURDAY 23rd JULY 10.00am - 4.00 pm IN SOUTHAMPTON


I've been working through my wood stocks and have more than 200 pieces for sale. It's all bone dry, planed flat both sides and cheap, it all has to go! Open at 10.00am (after I've walked the dogs) on Saturday 23rd July and first come first served, cash only please. We are easy to find on the northern edge of Southampton, post code SO16 7HP, I've booked nice weather!

I will also have a selection of infill planes requiring some TLC, nice and cheap. There are lots of (heavy) bags of off cuts for firewood at £10 per bag.

10% of all proceeds to go to the Winchester Night Shelter http://www.wcns.org.uk/ a very worth while local charity.

I'm not great at the social media thing (my 56th birthday in 2 weeks) so if you could spread the word I would be very grateful.


There are lots of varieties from oak, ash (including olive), sycamore, spalted beech, pear, apple, mahogany, walnut, cocobolo, pink ivory, pau rosa, tropical olive, bubinga, yew, bocote etc.
Many of the boards are nicely figured.


Above some fine Australian burrs


 An 'elephants foot' of highly figured Masur birch and below some nice tight birds eye maple.



There is plenty of thick ash boards, much of it rippled and some olive ash as well.





There are 4 or five boxes of smaller pieces from £1, ideal for box making.


9 comments:

  1. Curses! Wish I was back in the UK. John from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very nice looking bits, just wich I could make it. Good luck with the sale hope you have a good day.
    As classic hand tool are now selling your tools are you going to be in Yandles in September ?
    All the best Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, Thank you. I won't be at the September Yandles but I will be at the spring show next year as well as the European Show and the Harrogate show. All the best, David.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,
    can you also sell a few pieces on the Internet ?
    Greetings from Germany
    Falk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Falk, I'm sorry it's collection only. All the best, David.

      Delete
  5. Good lord, I want it all! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you'd better bring a lorry and arrive early!

      Delete