Saturday 18 January 2014

Tool Box from Germany


Thomas, a good customer from Germany, sent me these pictures of a tool box he has just made. He based the design on the article I did for F&C magazine except his is a bit taller. It's made from nice quarter sawn oak and has a flamed oak veneered panel.


The dovetails look nice and crisp courtesy of my 1:6 dovetail guide and the trays are a nice piston fit just like the ones in my You Tube video. The down side of trays that glide slowly down on a cushion of air is that they take just as much time to pull out and with a lot more effort! I have a 1" diameter hole in the bottom of my trays which is positioned under one of my planes, this is easily exposed making removal of the tray a lot easier. Well done Thomas, a tool box to be proud of.


1 comment: