Wednesday 29 January 2014

Chris Schwarz Teaching in the UK.


The New English Workshop has been set up by Derek Jones, editor of Furniture and Cabinetmaking magazine  http://newenglishworkshop.co.uk/
It aims up to promote and encourage traditional methods of working as well as educating and training to the highest level. And what better way to start than by recruiting hand tool junkie Chris Schwarz from the US to teach two courses.
The first will be a 5 five days course on making the Anarchists Tool Chest at a very reasonable £595 + materials. It has more than 100 dovetails so not for beginners or the faint hearted!
The second course will be making the Dutch tool chest over 2 days and is priced at £295 + materials.


I will be playing my part in this venture and I've donated one of my Lignum smoothers as my part towards the kitting out the tool chest which Chris will be making. This will be auctioned off at the end with the proceeds going towards the cause. Their Blog has just started which should be well worth following http://newenglishworkshop.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Desperate to get my name down for either of these courses, just waiting for the booking form.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, I thought what a great way to spend 5 days when I read the article.

      Delete