Wednesday 29 May 2013

Views of Wonderful Cornwall



Now I know this is not a woody post, but I couldn't leave my trip to the West Country without some scenic shots. The picture above is the harbour at Porthleven, a lovely place combining small scale commercial fishing with tourism. There are two fine restaurants there, Kot Kai and the very friendly Sea Drift Cafe.


This is Newquay which is a strong tourist town famed for it's surfing and night life. I'm way too old to partake in either of these pursuits! The netting was to keep the seagulls away and it did a great job.


Above is Padstow a lovely town with sandy beaches on both sides of the Camel estuary. Rick Stein has a handful of restaurants, a cookery school, a delicatessen and a fish and chip shop here, all in a town of just 3,100 people! No wonder they have nick named it Padstein!!


This is St Ives which has long been a magnet for artists. Best to leave your car at the top of the hill and walk, the tiny streets are barely wide enough for a car never mind all the tourists. Once you get down to the beach it's well worth it.


Here's St Michaels Mount, not as famous as the French one but still a lovely sight. Shame about the grey day. At low tide you can walk across the sand, very relaxing.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures, it's back to work for me now.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information. That’s a awesome article you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting and i like the pictures most. I will come back to read some more furniture shops

    ReplyDelete